Skip to main content

Shameless influencer Meatball now regrets part in Philly riots, says her family is 'ashamed' of her antics

Philadelphia Riots: Influencer 'Meatball' Expresses Regret and Family Ashamed of Her Actions

Influencer 'Meatball'

The influencer known as "Meatball," who was apprehended during the Philadelphia riots this week, has confessed her remorse for taking part in the disorder. The young woman's family is said to feel 'ashamed' of her actions during the chaos.

Lamenting over Looting: 'Meatball' Voices Regret

Dayjia Blackwell, the 21-year-old who has made a name for herself online as "Meatball," expressed regret for her actions during an interview with NBC Philadelphia. This came after she had been slapped with felony charges for the crime she was publicly endorsing and recording.

"I regret it," Blackwell stated, adding, "I just prefer, you know, never loot again, stay out of trouble, never go to jail." However, her remorseful message appeared to contrast with the casual clothing she wore, which displayed the text "Aint nuffin."

Family on Frontline: Influencer's Relatives Express Disappointment

The influencer's grandmother, Vashti Fields, expressed shame and disappointment at Blackwell's actions, saying, "What goes through my mind, as a grandmother, is I'm very ashamed. I'm very ashamed to see my [grandchild] there, at that time." Fields also confessed that the incident caused her great pain. However, she suggested that Blackwell was essentially a "loving, kind, caring, business-minded person," sharing her wish for her granddaughter's better judgement in the future.

Charges and Consequences: 'Meatball' Faces the Music

Blackwell has been charged with causing a catastrophe, criminal mischief, rioting, aiding consummation, access to communication, and disorderly conduct. Fields hopes for her granddaughter's innocence on these charges but, nevertheless, insists on a public apology by writing a letter to the City of Philadelphia.

Social Media: 'Meatball's' Message to Followers

While feeling the heat of her deeds, 'Meatball' took the opportunity to leverage her followership on Instagram, where she tried to explain her side of the story. At the same time, she asked her fans to back her up financially as a sign of solidarity, including a request for a welcome home gift.

Reflections and Resolve: 'Meatball's' Plan Moving Forward

The influencer has expressed a strong desire for the charges expunged from her record, vociferously asserting that she is "not a trouble person." She voiced her shock and trauma at the whole incident, vowing to shun such behavior in the future. Despite her experience, however, officials maintain that her participation in the looting bore no relation to the preceding protests over the dismissed charges in the police shooting of 27-year-old Eddie Irizarry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New York City subway gunman Frank James receives 10 life sentences

New York City's 'Subway Shooter,' Frank James, Handed Ten Consecutive Life Sentences After initiating a catastrophic shooting incident leaving ten passengers injured on a Brooklyn city subway during rush hour, Frank James, the notorious 'Subway Gunman,' has been served with ten consecutive life sentences. Pronounced by a Brooklyn federal court on Thursday, each life term corresponds to a single victim from the notorious shooting incident carried out in April 2022. Taking full responsibility for his felonious actions, James conceded, "I alone am responsible for that attack," adding unceremoniously, "They in no way deserved to have what happened to them." Shooter Motive as Attempt to Spotlight City's Failings At 64 years old, James reasoned in court that his destructive measures aimed to draw attention to 'certain issues within the city where I was raised.' His legal counsel punctuated these motivations, accusing the ci...

New Orleans residents brace for salt water intrusion as Biden declares national emergency

Federal Emergency Declared as New Orleans Faces Threat of Saltwater Intrusion The water infrastructure of New Orleans is under threat from saltwater intrusion, triggering a federal emergency declaration by President Joe Biden. Biden Responds to Impending Crisis In response to diminishing fresh water levels in the Mississippi River due to irregular rainfall patterns, President Joe Biden sanctioned a declaration of federal emergency. This concern arises from the rising saltwater levels beneath the depleting fresh water, a situation emerging over the last couple of months. This recent development has the potential to seriously jeopardize New Orleans' water infrastructure. Implications of the Saltwater Intrusion Historically, the Mississippi River's stronger current and an underwater sill have kept the saltwater intrusion at bay. However, the saltwater layer managed to override the sill on Monday, infiltrating the drinking water supply of Plaquemines Parish, Louisia...

U.S. Sends 1M Rounds of Seized Iranian Ammo to Ukraine - USNI News

U.S. Dispatches Over 1 Million Rounds of Confiscated Iranian Ammunition to Ukraine In a significant geopolitical move, the United States has dispatched approximately 1.1 million rounds of ammunition to Ukraine. The ammunition, originally seized from the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) in December, was forwarded through the U.S. Central Command. A Strategic Move Amid Rising Tensions As regional tensions escalate, this swift action by the US is seen as a strategic maneuver to equip Ukraine in handling potential threats. By forwarding seized ammunition from the IRGC, the United States is making a clear stance against any attempts to destabilize the region. The Ammunition's Origin and Seizure The dispatched ammunition has a notable backstory. It was part of a larger cache seized from Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, a powerful military branch that has often found itself in conflict with U.S. interests. In the initial seizure conducted in Dece...